Information Technology (IT) refers to the use of computers, information storage, the use of networks and online platforms as well as the processes developed to create, process, store, secure and exchange all types of electronic data. Today, IT represents a large part of the economic life and mainly that of companies. IT is everywhere today and is essential to any economic activity.
These information technologies are often used in a company’s business operations and in many cases involve the processing of personal data.
IT includes several levels of equipment that perform key functions, virtualization, management or automation tools, operating systems and applications or software. This includes personal databases, transactional systems (such as online payment services), email servers, web servers, and customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
In the digital age, our expert team of more than 100 lawyers is ready to assist you in solving any legal issue related to the IT and technology fields.
Our expertise allows us to assist you in the drafting and negotiation of all kinds of IT service contracts:
Software development contract that includes licensing and implementation
Software resale and/or distribution agreements
Information Technology Project Contracts
Web hosting contract
Cloud computing contract (i.e. dematerialization and integration of physical resources into applications)
Purchase or leasing contract for computer equipment
Source Code Escrow Agreement
Our team has extensive experience in advising on e-commerce compliance in B2C and B2B relationships.
• Drafting of general terms and conditions of sale for e-commerce (GTCS)
• Review of IT service provision contracts involving PCI DSS compliance
• Website Use Policy
• Cookie Usage Policy
• Online advertising
• Online betting
We also advise you on online payment services and applications in terms of ;
– Compliance with electronic banking legislation
– Electronic money
– Electronic payments
– Electronic authentication
– Electronic signatures
– Electronic archiving.
We work in the field of medical and health technologies (MedicalTech and HealthTech).
Today, these medical technologies are highly regulated in the European Union. Before a medical technology can be legally placed on the European market, the manufacturer must comply with the requirements of all applicable European legislation and affix a CE mark to its device.
With our IT and healthcare lawyers, we can help you comply with the new legislation.
Our team of experts also advises private companies and public institutions on issues related to blockchain development and Initial Coin Offer projects. Blockchain is a technology that allows information to be executed and stored transparently and securely without a central control agency. It is a special form of database that contains the history of all exchanges between its users since its creation. The database is secure and distributed: it is shared by its various users without intermediaries, and each user can therefore verify the validity of the chain without intermediaries.
We offer you a complete legal framework upstream to ensure compliance with the legislation of the country concerned and on a European scale for the E-commerce field.
• Assistance before the competent authorities
• Help in drafting ICO (Initial Coin Offering) white papers and general terms and conditions for the sale/exchange of tokens
• Develop contractual strategies, in particular assisting in the supervision and drafting of “smart contracts” or escrow, and setting up a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO)
• Analyze and verify platform models and interfaces, and conduct privacy impact research
• Implement a strategy to protect intangible assets
We also offer assistance before the criminal and civil courts in the case of fraud in automated processing systems or infringement of intellectual property rights and contractual obligations.
In addition, our team has expertise in IoT (the Internet of Things) projects as well as in the protection and valuation of intangible assets. We advise our clients on the development, implementation and deployment of IoT platforms.
In addition, we are competent in the legal aspects of cyber security.
Cyber-security concerns the rules established with the aim of protecting goods and people against any attacks that may be carried out, using any technology. It allows an information system to withstand events in cyberspace capable of jeopardizing the activity of a company. Therefore, it is necessary to establish a cyber defence in order to fight against cybercrime.
In general, cyber security can be divided into 3 different categories :
1. Legal obligations for cyber data security;
2. Protection of intangible assets ;
3. Reaction against cyber attacks.
Our team provides advice on all matters relating to cyber security, from strengthening cyber defences to responding to intrusions and remedial action after an intrusion.
Our clients have access to in-house advice and training on risk management procedures for cyber attacks.
More precisely, we are at your disposal for ;
• Define plans for monitoring and anticipating cyberattacks
• Maintain, ensure and reinforce the security of all your information systems
• Flash audit of cyber security risks
• Define the information system governance charter
• Define the company’s global security policy
• Analyze and identify the facts behind cyber attacks and determine the priority of these risks
We also assist our clients who are victims of cybercrime and wish to obtain compensation for the damage caused.
Finally, it should be noted that in recent years, thanks to undeniable technological advances and more efficient data processing (linked to the Big Data phenomenon), we have made significant progress in the field of artificial intelligence.
For companies ready to take advantage of this digital transformation and use AI as the core of their strategy or business model, it is necessary to know how to protect and enhance the secrets of success.
Our team of lawyers specialized in artificial intelligence is at your disposal to advise you and deal with all issues related to artificial intelligence such as product liability, rules on transparency of algorithms or personal data collected by connected objects.
More specifically, we are competent to ;
– AI development project in your company;
– Information system integration, digital transition, big data;
– Licensing of AI software ;
– Distribution and financing of your license ;
– Copyright protection ;
– Obtaining a patent ;
– Potential opportunities and risks related to algorithms ;
– Damage caused by an algorithm.
For all questions related to artificial intelligence, our team is ready to provide you with personalized support leading to specific solutions to your problem.
If you have a question or are concerned by any of these services, our network of experts has a broad understanding of the issues related to information systems and a thorough understanding of the relevant technical environment. Do not hesitate to contact us. We can be reached via email as well as on our website and will get back to you within 24 hours.